Start date: September 2021 (or as soon as possible)
Contract type: Permanent,
Full time 37 hours per week, Term Time only
Salary N6 (£ 22,092 - £24,371 actual gross annual salary)
Come to work at Callerton Academy, a new school opening in September 2021 as part of The Gosforth Group. The Gosforth Group is a thriving multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In September 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
For the first two years, Callerton Academy will be housed in a newly reconfigured school building in Newcastle’s Graingertown before moving to a brand new 1200 capacity school building to the north west of the city – close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
We are seeking an HLTA to be a founding member of support staff team at Callerton Academy. Alongside working within a multi-professional team to manage support on the school timetable, to assist teachers in facilitating teaching and learning activities, you will be a ‘hands on’ colleague who is willing to support other departments of the academy in its infancy. You should have experience of working in a learning environment and an appropriate level of Teaching Assistant qualification or experience for this role.
You will accompany the students on the school transport service, starting at the Simonside Primary School Site. Working hours therefore will be 8am to 4pm.
What we need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills
- Someone with experience of working and providing support in a learning environment
- Attention to detail
- An effective team player
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of being part of a new support team, setting up systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment and outcomes for all students.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An enhanced annual leave allowance
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit our website https://www.callertonacademy.org.uk/vacancies for further details.
Closing date is 12pm on Tuesday 22 June 2021