Leader of Teacher and Learning in PE
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2c (£7017)
Come to work in a thriving community. Callerton Academy is a growing secondary school committed to providing the very best education for pupils from Year 7 to Year 11. We are one of two new schools within Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust. The school opened in September 2021 in a newly reconfigured school building in Newcastle’s Graingertown. We will move to a brand new 1200 capacity school building in 2023 to the north west of the city – close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic, creative person to shape the future of our new school. You will do this by developing a first class PE curriculum and leading a thriving team of exceptional PE teachers.
We are looking to appoint a brilliant teacher who is passionate, pro-active and innovative. You will have excellent subject knowledge and will have taught PE at key stage 3 and 4. You will also need to be extremely versatile and keen to be an integral part of many and varied aspects of school life; particularly during the coming years while the school is growing in size.
The successful applicant will establish and develop the PE curriculum and build a highly successful teaching team. You will have a proven record of raising attainment and accelerating progress, whilst demonstrating effective and exciting teaching and learning.
Our Leader of Teaching and Learning in PE will be a consummate professional, practical and ‘hands-on’; able to enthuse and motivate colleagues and students alike.
This is a unique chance for someone looking to develop as a leader within a highly successful and supportive school and multi academy trust, backed up by excellent resources and facilities.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for PE and for teaching and leading all facets of the PE curriculum
- A proven track record of excellent progress and achievement across key stage 3 and 4
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- The ability to develop, lead and inspire a team of staff
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities and from all backgrounds
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals in school and across the MAT
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
We hope you’ll visit our website to find out more about us.
If you would like to arrange a visit or speak to a TALL working at Callerton Academy, email Miss Lockhart, PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the Applicant Letter for full details of how to apply.
Closing date for applications:
9am Tuesday 1st February 2022
Week commencing 14th February 2022