Vice Principal: Curriculum and Teaching and Learning
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: L19 – 24 (£65,735 - £74,295 per annum)
Come to work in a thriving community. Callerton Academy is a growing secondary school committed to providing the very best education for pupils from Year 7 to Year 11. We are one of two new schools within Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust. The school opened in September 2021 in a newly reconfigured school building in Newcastle’s Graingertown. We will move to a brand new 1200 capacity school building in 2023 to the north west of the city – close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic, creative leader to shape the future of our growing new school.
You will be Vice Principal responsible for Curriculum and Teaching and Learning. At Callerton Academy we are developing an exciting and tailored curriculum for our young people and whole school community. Our curriculum is then delivered through exceptional teaching and learning supported by a tailored programme of CPD, supported throughout the whole MAT.
The successful applicant will develop the school curriculum, supporting the building and management of an outstanding group of Leaders of Teaching and Learning. You will have a proven record of raising attainment and accelerating progress for all learners, whilst demonstrating effective and exciting teaching and learning. You will have experience of leading successful CPD projects across a school team. You will be a consummate professional, practical and ‘hands-on’; able to enthuse and motivate colleagues and students alike.
This is a unique chance for someone looking to develop in the upper stages of senior leadership within a highly successful and supportive school and multi academy trust, backed up by excellent resources and facilities.
We are looking to appoint a brilliant teacher who is passionate, pro-active and innovative. You will have taught across key stage 3 and 4. You will also need to be extremely versatile and keen to be an integral part of many and varied aspects of school life; particularly during the coming years while the school is growing in size.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for teaching and education
- An ability to lead, manage and develop CPD, teaching and learning and curriculum across the school.
- A proven track record of excellent progress and achievement across key stages 3 and 4.
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum including the use of ICT.
- The ability to develop, lead and inspire a team of staff
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities and from all backgrounds
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals across the Trust
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
We hope you will visit our website to find out more about us.
If you would like to arrange a visit or speak to Katie Innes, the Principal before application, contact Miss Lockhart, PA to the Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications:
9am on Monday 31st January 2022
Week commencing 7th February 2022