Technician with Science Specialism
Start date: September 2021 (or as soon as possible)
Contract type: Permanent,
Full time 37 hours per week.
Salary N4 (£16,415 - £17,419 actual gross salary)
Come to work at Callerton Academy, a new school opening in September 2021 as part of The Gosforth Group. The Gosforth Group is a thriving multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In September 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
For the first two years, Callerton Academy will be housed in a newly reconfigured school building in Newcastle’s Graingertown before moving to a brand new 1200 capacity school building to the north west of the city – close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
We are seeking a Technician be a founding member of the support staff team at Callerton Academy. You will be a creative, ‘hands on’ colleague and work across a number of departments including Science and Design Technology and Art to support with all practical lessons including preparing teaching aids and resources in accordance with health and safety.
What we need:
- Someone who has knowledge of science or previous laboratory experience
- An effective team player
- Good organisational skills
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of being part of a new team, setting up systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment for all stake holders.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- An enhanced annual leave allowance, giving you greater flexibility and frequency in holiday time
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to email@example.com
Alternatively visit our website https://www.callertonacademy.org.uk/vacancies for further details.
Closing date is 12pm on Tuesday 22 June 2021