Leader of Learning Support (SENCO)
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPS/UPS with TLR 1 payment (£8291)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic, creative person to shape the future of our completely new school from day one. You will do this by developing a first class provision for students with SEND and leading a thriving team of colleagues.
Callerton Academy is one of two new schools within Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust -opening in September 2021.
For the first two years the 11-16 school will be housed in a newly reconfigured school building in Newcastle’s Graingertown before moving to a brand new 1200 capacity school building to the north west of the city – close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
We are looking to appoint a brilliant teacher who is passionate, pro-active and innovative. You will also need to be extremely versatile and keen to be an integral part of many and varied aspects of school life; particularly during the first two or three years while the school is growing in size.
The successful applicant will set up and develop our learning support provision and build a cohesive, highly efficient, support team. You will have a proven track record of effective planning for and teaching students with SEND in a mainstream setting.
Our Leader of Learning Support (SENCO) will be a consummate professional, practical and ‘hands-on’; able to enthuse and motivate colleagues and students alike.
The post is ideal for someone who places student welfare and progress at the centre of their everyday practice; is aspirational for all students; and is keen to progress and develop their career
It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop as a leader within a successful and supportive multi academy trust, backed up by excellent resources and facilities.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for ensuring exceptional provision for all children with SEND
- A keen interest in and understanding of SEN and the role of the SENCO
- A flexible and creative approach to working with children with a range of special educational needs.
- The ability to develop, lead and inspire a team of staff
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for all our students
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals across the Trust
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
We hope you’ll visit our website to find out more about us.
Please refer to the Applicant letter for full details of how to apply
Closing date for applications:
12 noon on Friday 16th April 2021
Week commencing Monday 26th April 2021