Start date: January 2022 (or as soon as possible)
Contract type: Permanent,
Full time 37 hours per week, all year round
Salary N5 (£22,627 - £24,491 gross, per annum)
Come to work at Callerton Academy, a new school that opened in September 2021 as part of The Gosforth Group. The Gosforth Group is a thriving multi-academy trust currently consisting of six schools; Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Great Park Academy and Callerton Academy.
For the first two years, Callerton Academy will be housed in a newly reconfigured school building in Newcastle’s Graingertown before moving to a brand new 1200 capacity school building to the north west of the city – close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
We are seeking a Facilities Manager to be a key member of the support staff team at Callerton Academy. Alongside providing a key role in running a professional and efficient site, managing the maintenance and caretaking services, you will be a creative ‘hands on’ colleague who is willing to contribute to all areas and departments of the academy in its infancy. You should have a good general education and experience of working in a facilities capacity in a school would be advantageous.
What we need:
- A conscientious and trustworthy person
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, capable of dealing effectively with teaching, support, other professional staff, contractors and employees
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- The ability to relate well to colleagues, staff and students
- A team player with initiative
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of being part of a new school, setting up systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment for all stake holders.
- Experience in a facilities role would be advantageous.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An enhanced annual leave allowance, giving you greater flexibility and frequency in holiday time
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively visit our website https://www.callertonacademy.org.uk/vacancies for further details.
Closing date is 9.00am on Friday 26th November 2021