Support Assistant L2
Start date: 1st September 2022
Contract type: Full-time, term time only (37 hours per week)
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: N3, £16,053 - £16,374 (actual gross salary full time)
Come to work in a thriving community. Callerton Academy is a growing secondary school committed to providing the very best education for pupils from Year 7 to Year 11. We are one of two new schools within Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust. The school opened in September 2021 in a newly reconfigured school building in Newcastle’s Graingertown. We will move to a brand new 1200 capacity school building to the north west of the city – close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
We are seeking a TA to be a member of the support staff team at Callerton Academy. Alongside working within a multi-professional team to manage support on the school timetable, to assist teachers in facilitating teaching and learning activities, you will be a ‘hands on’ colleague who is willing to support other departments of the academy in its infancy.
Whilst we’re in our temporary accommodation you will regularly accompany the students on the school transport service starting at the Simonside Primary School Site. Working hours therefore will be 8am to 4pm and 8am to 3:30pm on Fridays.
What we need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills
- Someone with experience of working with young people
- Someone who can demonstrate a good understanding of SEND
- A sympathetic understanding of broad needs of secondary aged students
- Attention to detail
- An effective team player
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of being part of a growing support team, setting up systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment and outcomes for all students.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals in school and across the MAT
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
We hope you’ll visit our website to find out more about us.
Please complete and return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications:
9am Friday 24th June 2022.