Technician with Science Specialism
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Permanent,
37 hours per week, term time plus 10 days
Salary N4 (£16,702- £17,724 actual gross salary)
Come to work in a thriving community. Callerton Academy is a growing secondary school committed to providing the very best education for pupils from Year 7 to Year 11. We are one of two new schools within Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust. The school opened in September 2021 in a newly reconfigured school building in Newcastle’s Graingertown. We will move to a brand new 1200 capacity school building to the north west of the city – close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
We are seeking a Technician be a member of the support staff team at Callerton Academy. You will be a creative, ‘hands on’ colleague and work across a number of departments including Science and Design Technology and Art to support with all practical lessons including preparing teaching aids and resources in accordance with health and safety.
What we need:
- Someone who has knowledge of science or previous laboratory experience
- An effective team player
- Good organisational skills
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of being part of a developing team, setting up systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment for all stake holders.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals in school and across the MAT
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
We hope you’ll visit our website to find out more about us.
Please complete and return the application form to email@example.com
Closing date for applications:
9am Monday 23rd May 2022.